Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Clean Eating Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie

I'm attempting a clean eating regimen.  To be honest, I hate fad diets.  I hate the idea of giving up something that is so much of my daily routine, especially sweets.  So, I decided on a clean eating meal plan because it didn't seem like I had to "give up" all that much but rather choose foods differently.  So I'm gonna call it a conscious eating plan rather than a diet and this is DAY 1. 



Breakfast - Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
Snack 1 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ 1/2 cup frozen fruit & 1 tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
                1 banana
Lunch - undetermined
Snack 2 - 15 red grapes 
                 2 Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese wedges
Dinner - Arugula Pesto Chicken
              Med. baked sweet potato 
              1 cup chopped broccoli, steamed 

This meal plan is adapted from Clean Eating Magazine.

So, this post is all about my breakfast smoothie.  Here are the F&E ingredients: 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt, 1 tsp 100% pure vanilla, 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, and 4 tbsp chocolate protein powder.

First, I pureed the frozen raspberries in my small food processor.

Then, I added the pureed raspberries to my blender with the remaining ingredients.
then blend blend blend


This makes 2 servings so serve one now and save one for tomorrow OR treat your significant other to the other serving (which is what I did).


Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
original recipe from Clean Eating Magazine

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries, puréed
  • ½ cup non fat plain greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp 100% pure vanilla
  • 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
  • 4 tbsp chocolate protein powder


Directions

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend to desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment