Sunday, March 31, 2013

Artichokes with Lemon Dipping Sauce

Happy Sunday! I just had to take a super quick moment to post about my trip to Fresh & Easy today! First off, I was determined to get there because of there 3x points promotion which ended today.  As I was wandering the aisles I found the most awesomely amazing product ever.  Microwavable artichokes. What a concept, right?! These puppies come pre-trimmed in a bag that is ready to be popped in the microwave for 6-7 minutes. Then, voila! Steamed artichoke perfection.  I'm used to having to sit around and wait for 40 minutes or longer for the veggie to steam  so I have to admit the idea of microwaving was quite intriguing. I snatched a bag and made this little dish immediately once I returned home and unloaded all my groceries!


So, here is the convenient microwavable package along with the other ingredients used. I decided to add Italian breadcrumbs after the photo shoot.

Open the bag, open the artichokes a little, and squeeze in the juice of half of the lemon.
z

Then add in about 2-3 tablespoons of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and 2 teaspoons of Lemon Pepper. Seal up the bag and pop it in the microwave for 7 minutes.

Meanwhile....

Make the dipping sauce in a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, juice from the other half of the lemon, and 1/2 tsp lemon pepper. 


Once the artichokes are done, let them rest in the bag for about a minute and then serve with the side of dipping sauce. Yummy. For instructions on how to eat an artichoke, click here and skip to step 6.  Don't forget the heart, it is the yummiest part.


No comments:

Post a Comment