Monday, March 25, 2013

Western Baby Shower and Cowboy Caviar




What a crazy couple of weeks it has been! Last weekend I threw a  baby shower for my beautiful best friend and mommy to-be, Rachel! I've known Rachel since I was 6 and I wanted it to be very special! (Special thanks to Lauren Earl for the photography - she is wonderful!)


She and her husband have decided on a Western theme for their nursery and it is adorable! I stuck with that theme for her baby shower and what a fun theme it was! 


The Saloon

I made these chalkboard wine glasses by spray painting the bottom of a wine glass with chalkboard paint.  I have twelve that I use for parties. To make them match the theme, I tied a piece of ribbon in a bow around the stem. (Shout out to my amazing friend Danielle who actually tied all the bows for this party - couldn't have pulled it off with out you!) I used chalk markers to write the guest's names on them. They are always a hit. 

The Sweets Station

The pink lemonade cake was made by Retro Bakery.  Their designs and flavors are fantastic.

Guest Book and Thank You Table


Chuck Wagon


I received a ton of compliments on the shower but the one thing people raved about most was the Cowboy Caviar which was actually one of the easiest things I made.



Cowboy Caviar
1 (15.8oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can of corn, drained
1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
2 fresh medium jalapenos, seeded and minced
1 small red onion, minced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 tbsp red wine vinegar
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp ground cumin

Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 2 days.   Serve with tortilla chips.

This is one of the easiest salsas to throw together in no time and people tend to love it. Give it a try at your next get together!


No comments:

Post a Comment