Thursday, March 28, 2013

Garlic & Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower

Hi, my name is Shelly and I'm a carb-aholic.  There. I said it.  I love me some carbs. Especially mashed potatoes. I've mastered the mashed potato. It's the one thing I confidently offer to bring to Thanksgiving dinner because I know it will deliver.  

You can imagine my excitement when a couple years ago mashed cauliflower recipes started spreading over the internet like wildfire. A way to eat mashed goodness without all the guilt - I'm in! So, I started trying recipes and as much as people want to claim it is just like the real thing, they are bold-faced liars! I've tried and tried and have been disappointed one recipe after the next... until I came across this one...  With just a couple Fresh & Easy ingredients, you can whip up this side dish in a flash and actually enjoy it!



Here are the cast of Fresh & Easy characters that make this delish dish:
I decided that I wanted to add the Rosemary after my initial ingredient photo shoot.


Ok, seriously y'all - this is the easiest recipe EVER.  Ready....
Step 1. Microwave bag of Cauliflower florets per instructions on package.  Open bag.
Step 2. Place steamed cauliflower in food processor/blender with all other ingredients and pulse to desired consistency.  

Ok, so it still has some of the sinful ingredients that make Paula Deen proud like butter, parmesan and cream cheese but overall I think it is still a healthier option than the original. 

Garlic & Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
Adapted from Food Network

Ingredients

  • 1 bag microwave-ready cauliflower florets
  • 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ( you can use fresh garlic but I find it a little too spicy for this and prefer the powder)
  • 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken bullion
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry rosemary
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Microwave cauliflower florets using instructions on package.
  2. Placed steamed cauliflower in a food processor or blender with remaining ingredients.  Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Use a spatula to scrape sides of food processor in between pulsing to ensure even texture.
  3. Serve immediately.








No comments:

Post a Comment